Thursday, 24 May 2007

Not so dormant writers block

I reflected earlier on my blog how I saw blogging to be an outlet to a dormant writer. It seems though even my dormant writer can experience a not so dormant writers block. Hence my recent absence from posting, its not due to other commitments or an exciting social life and I have never been much of a workaholic. The premise for my blog has always been as a discussion forum or a way to display my acute sense of humor. So I don't feel the need to blog every iota of my life because I realise my life is boring.

I had a great post idea the other day but my idea hit a few unforeseen bumps in the research phase. My idea was based on a new series to be released in America.


Aliens in America

A Wisconsin mom arranges to host a foreign exchange student, believing the visitor will help her shy son become more popular. When the student turns out to be a Muslim teenager from Pakistan *gasp*, her plans go awry--and everyone is likely to learn a little lesson about life.


Ya I know ... WTF. Well my idea expanded to the memory of an old sitcom on TV ... ALF. Using the episode list usually supplied by wikipedia I was going to replace ALF by Muslim Pakistani teenager (MPT).
eg. Willies boss comes home for dinner and the Tanner family try to pass MPT off as a short and very hairy distant cousin. Hilarity ensues (Ok that ones lame cos I just made it up)

Unfortunately wikipedia doesn't keep an episode list for the aforementioned ALF, so i lost hope in that post. Damn you wikipedia, you are supposed to know everything. It was going to be a funny post dammit.

In other news, Liverpool lost the Champions League final to a team who were not supposed to be in the competition in the first place(Milan were found guilty of match fixing and docked points, UEFA decided in an emergency meeting to let them into the competition). I am not bitter or a sore loser though, at least my favorite player of all time(Paolo Maldini) got to raise the trophy one last time, despite his protestations of having one more season, I doubt this will come to pass.

Till next time in Waseem world

10 comments:

Kronic_Paranoia said...

comment.....:)

M Junaid said...

was gonna say....

In Soviet Russia, Gerrard worships YOU!!, but i'm feeling jovial, so all i'l say is

SUCK IT SUCK IT!

Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking Italians on this motherfucking Champions League!"

Shiraz said...

Alf? Did we actually ever watch that thing?

I wonder who's gonna be the pakistani in that series? Prob Kal Penn or hey maybe Wilmer Valderama(Fez)

As for Liverpool - well I don't think they deserved to win on that performance - even with the handball goal. Next year though.....YNWA

mazozo said...

Walk on , walk on, walk on and you'll never walk alone! Sup was lol don worry we all get block once an awhile an honestly we could have won that game where is the finishing?

KerBear said...

my brother and i loved Alf.

The K-man said...

Hahaha @ MJ

Liverpool will be back we will be victorious!!!!!!

queen_Lestat said...

nice idea...Would be funnier in live theater though maybe.

!Joe! said...

hey! your life is not boring! if you feel this way then make every outing an exciting one! smile at people, eavesdrop...i do that alot:) not to start a race topic or anything, but indians are always the best people to eavesdrop on, cos we always seem to discuss crap in public, lol. Sometimes you might recognise names too, hehehe...wait wait wait...you research your blog topics! my blog is based on unfounded statements and complete lies! let this be your mantra too! :D this sounds like an interesting programme...Like The Rock would've said circa 1997 and thereabouts, it doesn't matter if you couldn't find an episode list! :) just make up anything, we will laugh, i promeese...Waseem, you are a true LFC fan, not holding anything against Milan...why are LFC supporters so passive and gentlemanly? Why can't we be boarish mothereffers! I hate good sportsmanship...I want my champions league trophy:( bugger we'll get it next year!
MJ why are you getting all Eddie Murphy on us with SUCK IT SUCK IT to be found on most chatboxes? Two things for you, a coke and a smile...:D:D:D

Zahira said...

oi i liked alf :D

saaleha said...

melmac!