If I had to choose 8 things that a stranger doesn't know about me or the 8 things that my closest friends don't know about me, they would be 2 quite different lists. On the other hand why would I share something my closest friends don't know about me on a blog of all places. So my 8 things will be 8 random things that come to mind while I am doing this list (nothing too personal), hopefully with some humor value.
1. I am getting quite good at the graffiti wall on facebook, my drawings are a bit cartoonish and I haven't reached the level of some people I have seen but I am impressed with myself. I used to believe I wasn't creative or artistic.
2. From Standard 5 to (I think) Standard 6 I was a paperboy. Not the most glorious of professions or glorious of times in my life. In fact I wasn't even paid for being a paperboy, because when we (my brother was my co-paperboy - he ran different streets) collected the money and gave it to that collector guy (Rajen) he said we were short on the paper money so we never used to get paid. I don't ever remember getting paid but I used to deliver the papers rain or shine, I would like to go back in time and slap myself for my stupidity.
3. I also worked a part time job in the butchery while in school. Also not the most glamorous of professions but at least I got paid this time (not very much but oh well). Hamza, Shiraz, Aadil and I were coworkers and we had alot of fun most of the time. We often dined on Yan-Yan, Hello Panda and Chupa-chups.
4. I was the mastermind behind Operation Poke-Najeeba-with-a-thorn. I shared the blame even though the operation was carried out by Hamza. One of my many entries into the black book (at primary school). Najeeba, if you are reading this ... I'm sorry.
5. I have enacted 3 plays to date, none of which I am willing to share on this blog. The embarrassment I experienced in actually acting in them was enough.
6. I don't like seafood, yes even prawns, and especially that fish curry that my Mamee makes. I only remember enjoying seafood once, the day before I got my results for matric, when I ate grilled garlic butter prawns by Althaaf's house. I think his aunt made.
7. I once had a 2Pac cassette that Akbar made for me, I used to listen to it all the time back in Standard 5. It was my gangsta rap phase that I got over quite fast. I think the cassette was stolen.
8. I was debadged (I was a prefect) in Standard 3 for fighting. I was supposed to set an example. I didn't. Mrs. S.D. Krishendutt never liked me anyway and she debadged me the next year again (My academic ability got me reinstated) for not doing homework and my desk always being in disarray. Mrs. Krishendutt ... if you are reading this, I hated you too.
And so the tag must pass on ... look on your right ... if your name is under the ever great links consider yourself tagged (if you haven't already done it of course). If you are not linked and you want to do the tag, go for it.
*EDIT* - I was told my method of tagging so I tag Shiraz and Hamza. If you are linked or you want to do the tag anyway, go for it, I won't hold it against you :).
Till next time in Waseem world