Monday, 4 June 2007

Where life and words collide...

On arriving back from the awesome bloggers night, my brother Shiraz decided to start a blog of his own. It took him about a month to be happy with the design and put out a post but I'm sure you will see his design is awesome, probably one of the best looking blogs I've seen. So it was probably worth the time and effort he put into the design. I hope he can complement the amazing look with good writing, I'm sure he can.

One of the girls I work with, got engaged on Saturday, she had been expecting it but her fiance made her wait it out. He surprised her by taking her to a restaurant and saying he was going to meet a work friend, when they got to the restaurant they had candles on the floor spelling 'Marry Me' and he got down on one knee etc. Who says romance is dead, though this is the first romantic proposal I have heard of. I was thinking of, if I had the resources (and the girl), the kind of proposal I would make. A helicopter ride to a mountain top with a guy playing the violin and a table set for two. Haha like thats ever going to happen, I hope my future wife doesnt read this or she is going to expect some over-the-top romantic gesture. I'm a romantic realist I suppose in that regard, romance has its time and place as well as its limitations.

In Soviet Russia, the question pops YOU!!!

Till next time in Waseem world

12 comments:

Zahira said...

lol
my friend knew she was marrying the guy coz you know how we slum ous have to finalise with parents and stuf first...but the fiance still surprised her...he took her on a heli over the ocean and city and the heli was full of roses and he went on one knee while they were flying and he proposed
how romantic lol

Shiraz said...

Thanks for the shameless plug - and no I'm not happy with the design yet but I got tired of having a blog with no posts. A decent meaty post will be soon to follow....

The quiet romantic pop the questions gestures are cool - but ones like in a crowded restuarant and stuff are just too much pressure one the answer - how can the girl say anything but yes without embarassing the guy?

KerBear said...

Waseem...too late ure future wife has proberly read this post 50times, so u dug ure own hole.....hehehhe. Its lovely to know there are still romantics in the world.

queen_Lestat said...

yeah I agree with shiraz, people probably feel obliged to say yes...
...cos everyone's staring at them.

Ruby :) said...

wow, candles speeling it out? that is a stunning way of proposing... as for your idea, if you didnt have a gf before, im sure you gonna be getting some fan-mail soon.

Nadz said...

Yeah its nice to know theres romantic guys out there,i guess every guy is romantic it only comes out when they really are in love and feel its worth the effort.

qdee said...

aww...thats so romantic. i think my standards just went up.
lol shiraz, so true!

bibi-aisha said...

Thats so lovely-n more original than helicopter ride.sowy :-p

!Joe! said...

this was so lovely i wanted to cry :(
nadz that sounds kinda sad...:(

Kronic_Paranoia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
r said...

umm.. i take it im the only non romantic here.

AK said...

Im a straightforward guy so I would probably ask her this question directly, "How would you picture your dream proposal...without the hectic frills?" *Giggle*

Whatever she says, has to be the near perfect image of what she wants, so thats all i need as a basis :)

Then scrutinize each aspect, like color, flavor, airoma, brightness etc :)

Use a program to create an output scenario using the data gathered.

Or just use ur imagination :)