Friday, 17 August 2007

What if Gandhi was one of us

Continuing in the trend of lame Gandhi jokes started on MJs blog, I adapted the lyrics of this Joan Osbourne song called What if God was one of us to be Gandhi-centric when I really should be doing work instead.


If Gandhi had a cell, would it be a Nokia
And would you add him to Mxit
If he gave you his number
What would you ask if you had just one question

And yeah yeah Gandhi is great yeah yeah Gandhi is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if Gandhi was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the train
Trying to make his way home

If Gandhi had facebook what would his profile pic look like
And would you want to see his friends
If seeing meant that you would have to be his friend
And friends with Jesus and the saints and all the prophets

And yeah yeah Gandhi is great yeah yeah Gandhi is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if Gandhi was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the train
Trying to make his way home
He's trying to make his way home
Back up to India all alone
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for Jinnah maybe in Pakistan

Original Joan Osbourne song lyrics

Till next time in Waseem world

10 comments:

!Joe! said...

he was kicked off the train :) I love the bit about gandhi on facebook :D:D:D

if gandhi was on facebook...hmmm, I'd probably reject all his cause invitations :D

Hamza Fareed said...

Satyagraha

M Junaid said...

this was hilarious
gandhi would be turning in his grave - well, not really - he was cremated

here's a quick crap one

'Cause ain't nothin' but a Gandhi, baaaaabay!
One loced out coolie whose craaaaazay!
Satyagraha is the philosophy that paaaaays me!
Unfadable, so please don't try to fade this [Hell yeah]

But, uh, back to the matter at hand
eating is over rated , so I'm starvin, understand?

>From a young G's pay grade
i had to come down to south africa and fight apartheid
You never know that it would be opressin' their man,
hating the man, and at the same discriminating the man

Now when the fights on, i'm gonna chill for a minute

'Cause ain't no use getting violent to get burned while I'm up in it [Yeah]

Goolam_D said...

Gandhi is just one of us. But he's dead now. But don't worry ... you'll be dead too.

M Junaid said...

Gandhi is a DJ by Faithless was too easy, so decided to do a little afro man instead

I was gonna walk for salt
Until I got high
I was gonna show up the white mans fault
But then I got high
My people are still paying vat
And I know why
Because I got high, because I got high, because I got high

I was gonna resist with peace
Until I got high
I could have got the British to cease
But then I got high
Now I’m being shot
And I know why
Because I got high, because I got high, because I got high

I wasn’t gonna skip my lunch
But then I got high
I was going have steak and chips for brunch
But then I got high
Now I weigh twenty kilos
And I know why
Because I got high, because I got high, because I got high

Goolam_D said...

oh fuck ~ its not like Gandhi was a chump. The guy made a significant contribution to India and the world and his position saved many many lives in what would've been another post colonial disaster. Worse still, he actually had a good philosophy on which many people have built. Passive resistance is the most wide spread form of anti-establishment practice by the vast sums of the worlds poor. And Gandhi practiced better on Isa(AS) philosophy than did the colonial power. The man was an excellent human being and great men recognise that too.

Dew said...

hehe.lol. this was cute Was. I'm going to put it as a first page quote for my project in didgital design this smemestern (and yes, i will quote you - blog url and all)..hm not sure of the topic but i think this ravished song gives a good idea of the indication of the evolution of the times:)

The Organ Harvester said...

actually you just che guevara'd GANDI. sweet.

Waseem said...

Verse added to MJs song
I was gonna go on hunger strike but then I got high
I was gonna fast for the independence of India but then I got high
Now they are partitioning India and I know why
Because I got high, because I got high, because I got high

Libra said...

Ever saw a little cartoon called 'Clone High'? Gandhi's been cloned in the 21st century and is now an adolescent teen son of Jewish parents with New York accents. At a PTA meeting discussion on drug abuse, his mom stands up (think New York accent): "Our Gandhi would never be involved in anything like that! In an unrelated incident he's been missing for three days."