Thursday, 24 July 2008

And the winner is ...

This post started off much differently yesterday. There was no real finality on who would be the winner, cos Saaleha was being diplomatic as ever and I was not sure how I was going to give the prize to nobody. So I considered making my life easier and giving the prize to a runner up but I decided instead to do the honorable thing and request Anonymous to claim his/her entry.

I was honestly surprised at the number and quality of the entries. I would like to firstly thank everyone who participated. We got about 10 entries and most of them were really funny, but one entry, at the real death of the competition, clinched the award of Purple Prose Pro.

That entry was ...

His eyes were automatically drawn towards her, like a blood covered man lying on the road after a car crash. His palms felt sweaty, his heart raced-the only other time he had felt this way was when his flatulence needed to be stifled. He opened his mouth to say Hi, but had forgotten about the Paan he had bit into an hour ago.

Honorable mentions to Parasputin and Mak(Muhammad) for their entries.

The winning entrant was previously thought to be Anonymous but has now identified herself as Morena. I would request Morena mail me her email address at gambit200@gmail.com so that I may mail her the prize.

Till next time in Waseem world.

3 comments:

Morena said...

Hello

I would like to thank-in my best Oscar acceptance speech voice-the ffg:
My parents for never encouraging me to write, My English teacher who always had a headache and went to sleep.

Haha Thanks u people! This was cool... :)

Ta^KiLLa said...

Congrats @ Morena..

Noorjehaan said...

well done dudette. wear your cheese queen badge with pride :P