Tuesday, 21 October 2008

Pushing Daisies

I was intrigued by the premise of the show Pushing Daisies even before I saw the show.

Pushing Daisies centers on the life of Ned, a pie-maker gifted with the mysterious ability to bring dead things back to life by touching them. There are a couple of conditions to this somewhat unwanted talent, however. Ned quickly learns that if something is revived for more than exactly one minute, something of similar "life value" in the vicinity drops dead, as a form of balance. Additionally, if he touches the revived thing a second time, it falls dead again, this time permanently.
From Wikipedia

When I watched the show, the main attraction was its charm. The show just seems to be more colorful and cheerful than anything I have watched recently. The aspect I enjoy the most is the using of Ned's powers to solve murder cases. As the saying goes 'Dead men tell no tales' but CSI has altered this belief somewhat. Pushing Daisies takes it a bit further. In Pushing Daisies, the victim is actually questioned to assist the investigation. Usually they are unaware of their assailant and not much can be communicated in a minute, but it is an enjoyable minute nonetheless.

I wondered to myself if I could bring back to life any person (recently dead) for just 1 minute who would i choose? The first person that came to mind was ... Heath Ledger. Maybe the conversation would go something like this...

*touch* Hey Heath, I loved you as the Joker, I didn't really expect you to be better than Jack Nicholson...You're welcome, so why did you do it? The overdose?...Oh yeah, must be a tough life, Oscar nominee, lead in the 2nd biggest money maker of all time ... Yup, didn't beat Titanic though. Can you say 'Why so serious' for me one time?...Ok, thanks, bye.*touch*

Till next time in Waseem world.

14 comments:

KiLLa said...

I loved the first season.
And the whole set just looks so superficial.

Chik is hot also. Just btw

M Junaid said...

its an ok series - has charm but little else.

its like 30 rock - one of those shows that you place above all others - baffles the fucking mind

KiLLa said...

u just watch 30 Rock cos u think that chick will give good blow jobs

personal opinion

Nooj said...

30 rock won some award. I think Tina Fey got an Oscar nomination for it too. I don't watch TV coz real life's more engaging.

That makes me sound like such a sod.

I would wake up Lenin and chuckle with him about what's happening to the economy

Waseem said...

Killa - Yes Chuck is pretty, she was in Goal!, I didnt know that till I saw it again recently. Which girl? I like 30 rock cos its quirky and funny.

MJ - your ma. Didnt you once say charm counts heavily for you? They better than 7de laan though. Couldnt think of someone to exhume?

Nooj - thats a good one. She got an emmy nomination for writing on one of the shows. Real life sucks, you cant change the channel.

KiLLa said...

Ah - Was she the nurse.. Didnt realise ..

M Junaid said...

with movies its different - movies are short - hence charm goes a long way - similar to one night stands versus relationships - you can be charming for a one night stand, but you gonna need more if you want long term investment.


much better than sevende laan - why are you saying it like you implyin i watch that shit.

as for who I would exhume - i'l get back to you on that one

will pie maker be able to have sex with chuck if he uses a condom? and if that condom tears wont it be like super aids in a sense?

M Junaid said...

goal starring Jon Abraham :D

KiLLa said...

U ask if the pie maker will have se with chuck..

Brings me to that point emphasised in Mall Rats.. Can superman knock up Lois Lane.. With his alien sperm having the ability to burst open her falopian tubes and stuff..

Just a thought

Nooj said...

*unsubscribes*

M Junaid said...

:D

M Junaid said...

killa - that question was answered in superman returns

Saaleha Bamjee-Mayet said...

I think I'd dig up Eva Braun.

The Organ Harvester said...

30 Rock is good. In that very ordinary way. Havent seen this though. You got the hookup? As for militant non tv show/movie watchers, let me guess you're being an individual like everyone else.

*ducks*

Jokes nooj.