Wednesday, 31 December 2008

The Best

I usually like to focus on the good on this blog, so I have decided to blog my favorites of this year. Only the best, none of the worst. Also cos I can't think of anything else to blog, and seems to be trend to do overview of 2008 in blogs.

Favorite Song: Kings of Leon - Closer
I first heard the Sex on Fire song on radio, and I thought it was good, but when I later saw Use Somebody on TV, I really wanted this album. So once I got it, I went about my usual way of listening to new stuff, which is to shove it in with everything else, and wait for it to come up on shuffle. When I heard Closer I instantly took to it, and hoped against hope that Telkom don't make an ad using it (Like they recently did with Travis' Closer)

Favorite Movie - The Dark Knight
I coulda been less cliche and said something else, the truth is this was the best movie I have seen this year. Heath deserves a posthumous Oscar, though I doubt Best Actor would come from a mainstream movie. My other 2 favorite movies of this year were Tropic Thunder and Pineapple Express. I hope James Franco gets an award for his performance in Pineapple Express as well.

Favorite Game - GTA IV
This was a tough one, but i think in terms of entertainment value, this was best game of the year, as well as cos it is the only 10/10 games I know. Sure there are faults but they are negligible.

Favorite Blog - saaleha.com
Saaleha has got her mojo back, maybe it is the marriage :) I also like my almost news blog, but that would be nepotism.

Favorite Post Of Mine - The Char Knight
It took me all of 15 mins to write and even though it might seem outdone, the whole indian humor thing, I really enjoyed it and find myself laughing at it even to this day. Another favorite post of mine was Chronicles of Arabiya.

Happy New Year Everyone.

Till next time in Waseem world.

3 comments:

Dew_drops said...

This was a positive idea - to list only the best.
Nepotism...lol. Isn't that only for family?

Saaleha Bamjee-Mayet said...

What do you mean i got my mojo back? When did i misplace it?
:)
heh heh.
Mamma is well-pleased with this honour.

KiLLa said...

Made reference to you here ---> http://killa.co.za/main/?p=24#comment-36

On the GTA IV bit.. awesome game.. totally agree.. I chose fifa based on improvement.. Now that i look at it agin.. GTA was genius in comparison