Thursday, 11 December 2008

McKhathams

If you read my previous post (which I imagine most might not have, cos it was a while back), Harry Potter and the Esale-E-Sawaab, you would know I'm not a big fan of khathams. I have been for a few since that post and my opinion hasn't changed. I have become more cynical about the whole event in fact. Like what is the point of throwing rosewater during salaami? I don't see any purpose in it. Can someone perhaps help with a possible reason? I googled, I found nothing.

I think khathams would be alot more fun if they McDonaldise it. I got the idea from a recent MJ post where he mentioned McMarriage. I don't think a McMarriage would work though cos no bride would want a wedding in McDonalds, but khathams could work, cos they're mostly about food anyway. Your average McKhatham meal would be a choice between McKalia or McDhalghos, beverage would be either McJuice with leaves in it or McCheap Coke substitute, and rounded off (or started off) with my favorite McKheer or McSoji. The Happy Meals would be called Barakah Meals, and the free toy would be a tasbeeh, and also come with a small piece of chanamagaj/burfee.

Hmm, actually I don't see how the khatham would be more fun, except the eating part. Anyway...

Till next time in Waseem world

5 comments:

Saaleha Bamjee-Mayet said...

what kinda leaves in the juice?

Waseem said...

the green kind, i dunno, in my youth i attended alot of khathams with leaves in the juice, maybe to give the appearance of freshness, maybe it was mint or something, but it had a very rough texture.

I forogt to mention ... McSupari

KiLLa said...

Its called BAY LEAVES

KiLLa said...

Unless they throw mint at times

Azra said...

LOL LOL...Yeah...I can envision a whole lot of things we can McDonalise to make them more interesting...like a McBachelors Party...where Ronald can wear some kinky lingerie and strip to some cheesy music LOL!