Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Does anyone remember this movie?

It was aired on MNET, during the good old days of KTV holiday movies. It was probably shown in the late 80s, early 90s, but maybe it was actually released before that, cos in those days MNET were not as up to date as they are now.

The movie was about a boy with a magic pencil. The pencil was long, flat and blue, and whatever he drew was able to come to life. The incident I remember was him drawing a rhino. The drawings came to life as drawings, not the actual creature itself, so it was like a piece of wall shaped like a child's representation of a rhino, not an actual rhino. I think the movie was about someone trying to steal the pencil away from him.

I doubt it will be as wonderful as I remember it though, I think when you are younger you tend to hype things up. Like Nightmare on Elm Street when I was younger was the scariest thing in the world. It gave me nightmares for weeks. Yet when I watched it when I was 20ish or so, it seemed so poorly made.

Till next time in Waseem world.

5 comments:

Azra said...

Vaguely remember it, but I couldn't tell you names or anything.

I thought Salsa was the coolest movie as a kid and then I watched it again in my 20's and thought it was the tackiest and corniest movie I've ever seen.

Hamza Fareed said...

The only thing I could find on was a Tales from the crypt episode
Drawn And Quartered (November 1, 1997) - An aspiring artist named Ralph finds a magic pencil that brings his drawings to life to get back at the bullies who torment him.

hmmm... youtube search he does use a blue pencil

Trinity said...

I remember that part too, the rhino coming alive, wasn’t it an advert???

Waseem said...

Saaleha seems to have found it for me, its called Otto er et naesehorn or Otto is a Rhino, for us non-Danish speakers.
Since my proficiency for Danish has always been quite suspect, I have to assume the movie was dubbed.

Azra, that Salsa movie seems very age restrictiony :-o

Dew_drops said...

aah! I knew the song for this, I used to sing it all the time. Now Im going to bang my head until I get the song.