So given the above, I found it very difficult to come up with 10 things to impart on my unborn/imaginary kids. But a promise is a promise.
- Don't get into debt. If you can't afford it, don't buy it except for few notable exceptions like house or a car, but even then don't spend beyond your means.
- Noone is better than you, and you are better than noone.
- It is important to have dreams, but don't let those dreams cripple you from achieving other things.
- It is not in the end of the world to fail, neither is it the end of the world to not achieve your dreams.
- Don't resent your parents for things that they aren't able to provide you with.
- A person who has never read a proper book is a person with very narrow horizons.
- A real friend doesn't just tell you things you want to hear.
- Islam isn't a religion, it isn't something we have to do, it's a way of life that makes us better humans.
- Life isn't fair but you should look at people worse off than you when deciding what is fair and what isn't (Something I should practise before preaching.)
- If you listen to Beyonce, you will not live in my house.
Till next time in Waseem world