Wednesday, 12 August 2009

When Facebook Is Down

Twitter went down last week. I know! Mothereffers*! So while everyone was running around in crisis mode, not knowing who to share their 140 character ideas with, I decided to get to the bottom of it. I googled "Is Twitter down?" and i got a few links, one of which was site which tells you if twitter is down. Another of the links was a funny little site that gave you some ideas what to do while twitter is down, or what happens when twitter goes down etc. Eg. When Twitter is down, make up your own Twitter with household chemicals., When Twitter is down, I don't know who I am anymore.Each time you click, it gives you another message. So I copied one of the messages and went to paste it in my FB status but FB was being a b... uncooperative. So I wonder what if Facebook went down, how would people react. There should be a WhenFBisDown site, so I decided to make a few of my own messages and then try to create a widget, and put it up on my blog. Hopefully no-one steals my idea.

Here are few of my own, that I can think of at the moment. If you can think of any, add them on comments, and I will send you the widget also! Free of charge! (Not like I was planning to charge for it anyway.)
  • When FB is down, noone cares what you are doing.
  • When FB is down, there are no uploaded mothereffing baby pics.
  • When FB is down, noone "likes" everything you say.
  • When FB is down, the girl you have been stalking, goes on with her life.
  • When FB is down, go whine to someone who cares.
  • When FB is down, you realise you have no real friends.
  • When FB is down, let's conveniently forget this is a free service that doesn't care about our inconvenience.
  • When FB is down, your company is saving millions on bandwidth.
  • When FB is down, you can never remember anyone's birthday.
  • When FB is down, you have no inclination to wish anyone for their birthday.
  • When FB is down, you consider finally trying out that Twitter thing.


I'll think of more and add them, if and when. Like I said earlier, if you think of any, please add them on as a comment, and I'll add it to my proposed widget.

* - I am euphemising my swearing to prepare for Ramadaan

Till next time in Waseem world.

8 comments:

Nafisa said...

These are real good!

I don't spend that much time on Facebook like I used to. Depending on who you follow, I find Twitter more intellectual. I really don't care about someones kid that needs his diaper changed.

Nooj said...

Classic Waseem. The barakah of ramadhaan :) I'm going to make saying mothereffer a meme...or a jweme...

Work in Progress said...

WIP likes this...
Lol at "When FB is down, there are no uploaded mothereffing baby pics" - some ppl really take it too far posting pics of their kids everytime they puke and expecting people to "like" it.

KiLLa said...

*bookmarks this post*

To fill boredom sessions tomorrow..

!Joe! said...

heehee :D when facebook is down i swear gently,close the browser and then bash the buttons on my keyboard on phone. then i go back and try again.it helps the anger dissipate. some famous people do nothing but sit on twitter, ive found. i feel like i know them now, you know? i love katy perry's tweets though, she's always eating something delicious :D

Azra said...

I generally dont care if facebook or twitter is down :D My achilles heel is Gmail/Gtalk.

I must admit though, I still like Facebook more than Twitter. I feel more hands on with Facebook, (somehow more connected too) and more in control than with Twitter.

desert demons said...

lolol loved them :)

The Organ Harvester said...

When FB is down you actually have to breathe on your own. I hate the friend suggestion so i ended everyone on the list and became a fan of every effing thing. Even checked out all those dumb ass pictures which are always popping up.