Monday, 4 January 2010

2009, a year better forgotten

I haven't blogged much lately. I seem to have lost the desire to write, even though I have ideas of stuff to write. This meme/tag stuff is much easier to do cos you have questions to answer as opposed to composing an entire post with all the punctuation and structure that entails. Sure I could write some haphazard halfassed post I'm not proud of, but I feel, especially when it comes to writing, when you do something, do it right. This is a tag/meme thing I got of Nafisa's blog that I found pretty interesting.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Went for a rock concert. Yes I know I'm lame for taking so long to go for one, but for some reason every other time I planned to go for one things didnt work out

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember if I had any, I don't normally do that kinda stuff. I think it's better not to set resolutions and deadlines on yourself to accomplish goals. I'm a procrastinator though, so I wouldn't take my advice.

3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
This is past tense. I went to the souk for a bit, which was as lousy as usual. Then we dropped my cousin off somewhere and went home and played Modern Warfare 2. I'm trying to get over this New Year's hype, but that's a discussion for another day.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Michael Jackson. Just kidding, no, not really.

5. What countries did you visit?
0, hopefully I will eventually visit some

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Commitment to doing the stuff that I have to do

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
No date really stands out, I can't seem to remember anything important happening

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a new job and getting away from my last job cos it was really sucky for me. I enjoy this job much more. I'm not sure if that is an achievement, I can't think of anything else unless I can put down Xbox360 achievements.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Procrastinating on the things I needed to do. Failing to wake up sooner.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, just flu a couple of times.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A pillowcase with Keane lyrics on it as a gift for a friend.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Groceries and stuff I think, I don't keep record of this stuff.

13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Muse - Uprising.

14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Stuff that I needed to do.

15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Self chastising

16. What was your favourite TV program?
South Park

17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is too severe, there as some people that I dislike more than I did before, but not hate. I think hate requires effort, apathy is so much easier and less messy.

18. What was the best book you read?
Terry Pratchett - Monstrous Regiment. It came out a while back but I only read it this year.

19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The best new artist I heard this year was Doves.

20. What was your favourite film of this year?
I really liked Up

21. What did you do on your birthday?
I went to work and had supper at Spur with friends.

22. What kept you sane?
Xbox360

23. Who did you miss?
I missed my youth, if that is a sufficient answer to this question. Not that I'm haggardly old now.

24. Who was the best new person you met?
The guys I work with are ok, nothing to write home about. I did get to know a few people alot better over last year (over chatting mostly)

25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Weddings can be very expensive.

That sums up most of last year, it wasn't particularly spectacular. It was a pretty lousy year for me personally. That was largely my fault though, because your life is what you make of it, if you're having a swak day/week/month/year, it's up to you to change it instead of sitting around and moping about it. I guess we can add that on to valuable life lesson also.

Till next time in Waseem world

1 comment:

Azra said...

2009 was a sh1t year for almost everyone I know. Hope 2010 brings you everything you've ever hoped for and more :)