Monday, 10 May 2010

Not Bruges

I finally watched In Bruges. People have told me it's better than Up In The Air, Hurt Locker and even Inglorious Basterds. They were wrong. I haven't seen Hurt Locker though so maybe they are right about that one. It was a good movie but not great. The start was really boring, and the movie really only picked up towards the end. The dialogue was great but not as good as Up In The Air's. In fact, if it weren't for Ralph Fiennes, the movie would have just been above average.

The one thing the movie did get me thinking about though was that Ralph Fiennes character sent Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson to Bruges as a final treat for Colin Farrell before his death. I think he figured Colin Farrell would like dying in a "fairytale town." I wondered to myself where I would like to go to, to die. A very morbid topic perhaps, but I don't have a fear of death itself as such. Well the one thing Colin Farrell's character and I have in common is that it was definitely not Bruges. I think I would like it to be somewhere scenic and serene. After the recent volcanic pictures, Iceland seems to fit that bill to my mind. So at the moment, if I knew I were going to die I would go to Iceland. What a happy thought :P

Till next time in Waseem world.

1 comment:

M Junaid said...

what? No satire :D