Friday, 18 February 2011

Shorty’s love is like a pyramid

A week or so ago, during a recent trip up to Johannesburg, my brother’s choice of CD playing, a song came on. It started off with “Shorty’s love is like a pyramid…” before it was promptly skipped, and I was glad because it was a shit sounding song. It did however get me wondering in what ways shorty’s love could possibly be like a pyramid. Shorty, if you don’t know, is slang for a girlfriend, although I’m not sure if she is still a shorty if she is taller than the guy.

Here are a few ways the singer may be likening shorty’s love to pyramid, shorty’s love could be:-
a. Triangle shaped
b. In Egypt
c. Made out of bricks
d. Rumored to be constructed by aliens
e. The tomb of an ancient Egyptian king
f. Built by slaves
g. A wonder of the modern world (this is a good one)

I’ve googled the lyrics for the song but it’s all gibberishy to me, so I think my comparisons are probably better.

Till next time in Waseem world.

2 comments:

Humayda said...

Hahaha! I like how the song was 'promptly skipped'.
The meaning of Shorty was always something of a puzzle to me, hence I checked it out on Urban Dictionary(Don't judge me, it was a painfully boring day, and erm...ya):
Shorty: Affectionate term for a girlfriend, attractive female or concubine.
(?????)
Nice post. :)

Hamza Fareed said...

What if it was "Shorty's love is like a pyramid scheme"
According to wiki he likens her love to a non-sustainable business model that involves promising of payment, ideals or services rather than actually supplying. Pyramid schemes are fraudulent just like her love. Very sad song indeed