Monday, 16 May 2011

Friday

It’s been a while since I did a parody post, so might be a bit rusty. This is a parody of Rebecca Black’s Friday, and if you haven’t heard of it then you have probably been living in a cellar. I dedicate this post to MJ because he’s the only one I know who likes it, and Hamza because he was rocking out to it long before it even had 2 million views. This meant to be done on Friday but Blogger was down.

11 a.m., waking up in the morning
Got to be fresh, got to make ghusl
Got to wear my kurtah, got to wear athar
Seeing everything, the time is going
Ticking on and on, everybody’s rushing
Got to get down to the mosque
Got to make my wudhu, I see my friends (my friends)

Kicking in the front saff
Sitting in the back saff
Got to make my mind up
Which saff can I take?

It’s Friday, Friday
Got to bow down on Friday
Everybody’s looking forward to the kutbah, kutbah
Friday, Friday
Bowing down on Friday
Everybody’s looking forward to the kutbah

Praying and praying (yeah)
Praying and praying (yeah)
Azaan, Azaan, Azaan, Azaan
Looking forward to the kutbah

12:15, we’re driving on the highway
Cruising so fast, I want time to fly
Azaan, Azaan, think I hear Azaan
You know what it is
I got this, you got this
My angel is by my right
I got this, you got this
Now you know it

Kicking in the front saff
Sitting in the back saff
Got to make my mind up
Which saff can I take?

It’s Friday, Friday
Got to bow down on Friday
Everybody’s looking forward to the kutbah, kutbah
Friday, Friday
Bowing down on Friday
Everybody’s looking forward to the kutbah

Praying and praying (yeah)
Praying and praying (yeah)
Azaan, Azaan, Azaan, Azaan
Looking forward to the kutbah

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today is Friday, Friday (praying)
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We going to have dhall today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes afterwards
I don’t want this kutbah to end

Till next time in Waseem world

5 comments:

bb_aisha said...

I've heard of it, haven't heard the song though. Will go listen to it now.

But even without listening, I liked your parody

bb_aisha said...

I just listened to it. I'd heard it's awful, but didn't think it would be this bad.

Waseem said...

Yeah I didn't expect it to be as bad as it was either. Although I find the intense hatred towards it a bit extreme, I can honestly hear no real difference between this and other mainstream music. At least it doesn't have any sexual references.

Humayda said...

Ahahahaha. Awesome one Waseem.

I agree! The hatred is way too intense, even for something this awful. (Spent half the vid thinking, "Is she serious??")
Some of the spoofs I saw on Youtube. Real mean and downright rude. I mean, she's 13! -shakes head-

M Junaid said...

I love this more than joes friend raeesa loved cake. And anything that isn't vegetables!