Monday, 8 August 2011

Keep Ramadan fever up (Tik Tok parody)

It's been another long while since I blogged and I've been meaning to blog for a while but I lack the general inspiration but enough of my sad stories, here is the parody based on Kesha's Tick Tock, the lyrics are fairly dumb, but an improvement on the stupidity of the original.

Wake up in the morning feeling bit dizzy
Read some Ikhlaas, make some dhor. I'm gonna hit this sehri
Before I leave, brush my teeth with a piece of miswaak.
Cuz when I leave my bed for sehri I aint coming back.

I'm talkin straightening our rows, rows
Athar on all our clothes, clothes
Silent mode on our phones, phones
Sin stoppin, not playin our favourite cd's
Pullin out of parties
Tryna get a little bit hifzy...

Don't stop. Keep it up, keep Ramadan fever up.
Tonight, imma recite til we see the sunlight
Tik tok on the clock, but the praying don't stop.
Don't stop. Keep it up, keep Ramadan fever up.
Tonight, imma recite til we see the sunlight
Tik tok on the clock, but the praying don't stop.

Aint got a care for this world, it’s the afterlife i fear
Aint got no money in my pocket, but i'm already here,
And now the dudes are linin up cuz they hear we readin witr
But we’re there from the start, even stay for zikr
I'm talkin about errrbody gettin monk
No one eatin no junk
Only haleem and sarbath to be drunk.
Now now we go until muezzin kick us out
Or the mosque is shut down.
Down down. Mo mo is shut down. (Ed Note: I find this line esp cringeworthy)

Don't stop. Keep it up, keep Ramadan fever up.
Tonight, imma recite til we see the sunlight
Tik tok on the clock, but the praying don't stop.
Don't stop. Keep it up, keep Ramadan fever up.
Tonight, imma recite til we see the sunlight
Tik tok on the clock, but the praying don't stop.

Original lyrics


Till next time in Waseem world

1 comment:

corpsekicker said...

This is my favourite part.
I'm talkin straightening our rows, rows
Athar on all our clothes, clothes
Silent mode on our phones, phones
Sin stoppin, not playin our favourite cd's
Pullin out of parties
Tryna get a little bit hifzy...

Ramadaan is inspirational. In the way of parodies. Mj keeps singing, "everyday I'm sarbatting, sarbatting." Haha. He isn't. My freezer is too full for ice cream.